Click here to add a short description


What is a visa?

A visa allows a foreign citizen to travel to US port-of-entry and request permission from the US immigration officer to enter the United States. It does not guarantee entry into the United States.

Our Blog

An ongoing series of informational entries

What should I do when I arrive at university in the US?

March 15, 2018

Once you arrive on campus, you should report immediately to the International office that is responsible for assisting international students. All the Schools that are eligible to admit International students have International office or some other similar name. That office can help you with any questions or concerns you may have about immigration rules and regulations and assign you a coordinator which you can schedule your Tuition payment plan with.

The office must report your arrival on the SEVIS system. If this report is not submitted, you may be considered to be in violation of your status in the United States, so be sure to make the international student office one of your first stops on campus.  

What if my visa is denied?

March 15, 2018

The I-20 immigration document does not guarantee that you will receive a visa. The US consular officer must determine if the reason you are applying for the visa is genuine and that you will return to your country once you have finished your education in the United States. If the Consular officer reject your application,it does not mean a permanent refusal and you can always reapply.

Contact us and try to re-apply for a student visa either immediately or at a later date, we will check the consular date for you and once you have paid another visa fee and your I-20 remain valid, we will reschedule you for another Interview.

What do I need for my visa interview?

March 15, 2018

Prior to meeting with US Embassy officials you will need to pay a SEVIS fee to the US government and a visa processing fee of $160 in local currency. We will also make sure you have all the required documents before you go for the interview and intensively prepare for US Interview by getting you familiar to the likely questions that will be asked during Interview. 

 When should I apply for a visa?

March 15, 2018

The US Embassy/Consulate cannot issue F-1 visa more than 120 days but we have seen situations where Visa are issued even with more than 4 months to resumption date on I-20, Consular officers always use their discretion on this. Thus, if the university to which you have been admitted states on the I-20 that the program will start on August 1. Normally, student visa application should not come earlier than April 1.

Even if you have been issued a visa to enter the United States, you will not be allowed to enter the country more than 30 days before the start of your program, if you attempt to enter earlier than a Month to your resumption, the Immigration officer will not be able to process your entry to US, you will be deported and also have your Visa cancelled. For example, if the program of study starts on August 1, you will not be permitted to enter the United States until July 1 or later.    

How do I apply for a visa?

March 15, 2018

Once you have been accepted and your Immigration documents(I-20) arrived Nigeria, you may apply for a visa even if you do not intend to begin your program of study for several months. It is best to apply early for the visa to ensure that there is sufficient time for visa processing and plan your Itinerary. As part of the visa application process, you will need to make an appointment for your visa interview with the US Embassy which we can handle perfectly for you.

What type of visa do I need to study at a US university?

March 15, 2018

A student visa for academic study is known as an F-1 Visa. A student visa for non-academic study is known as an M-1 Visa.

To qualify for an F-1 Visa, you must be attending school at least 18 hours a week. In general, you are allowed to work 20 hours a week, and you must maintain a full time student status. You will usually be permitted to stay in the U.S. for the duration of your student status, which means that you may stay in the U.S. as long as you are a full time student, even if the F-1 visa in your passport expires while you are here. A student who has completed the course of study shown on the I-20 and any authorized practical training is allowed an additional 60 days to prepare for departure from the U.S. or to transfer to another school.

The F-1 Visa also permits you to bring your spouse and children under 21 years old,they will apply as dependent(F-2) visa, although they will not be allowed to work in the U.S. until their status changed. M-1 Visa provides you the opportunity to study in the U.S. in a non-academic program, such as vocational and technical training like Flight Training, Therapy and Spa etc. To qualify for an M-1 Visa, you must attend a program that has at least 12 hours a week of study. The M-1 Visa is valid for up to one year. It can be extended up to an additional 2 years for a total of 3 years. At the conclusion of your program or training, you are allowed 30 days to prepare for departure, provided that you satisfied the requirements of your M-1 Visa. Depending on the length of your study, you are allowed to work one year or more in US after the conclusion of your program.

If you obtain an M-1 Visa, you are allowed to bring your spouse and children under 21 years old, who will enter the U.S. under an M-2 Visa, although they are not allowed to work. Your Children may attend school, but not beyond high school.

Phone: 08108019599, 08074065659


[email protected] (for admission update)

[email protected] (for admission document)

[email protected] (for admission purpose,

general enquiries and test registration)